Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Checkout
Account Support
Announcement

Holiday Contest 2014

Meet your favorite theory11 artist, win free playing cards, or gain instant Elite Membership!More Details

INSTANT TiVo IDEA You are now viewing the INSTANT TiVo IDEA thread.
  1. #1 September 11th, 2007

Default INSTANT TiVo IDEA

Okay I can't do this yet but Everyone has to try this.

Using a pair duplicates

do an Impulse change and ego change in one hand.

basicly this

1.Dan and dave double in center
    2.Diving board double or any other double but this is cooler
    3. the shake your hand doing an Impulse change and do a one handed ego change at the same time.

2. #2 September 11th, 2007

the effect would be cool, but what's great about dan and dave's material is that they only use 52 cards in all their tricks (exept for the Jokers)... so that's what is so great about Tivo. try to do the same effect without using duplicates nothing's impossible ! good luck

smile.

3. #3 September 11th, 2007

Reminds me of an idea I once had, but threw out because of its impractical nature.

Basically, you have a face up card in the center and a face up card on top (not doubles). The idea was that you waved your hand over the deck and they would transpose.
    What I did was outjog the top card as my hand went over it, putting it into a loose tenkai palm. My first and/or second finger(s) would push out the center card into my right hand, under the tenkai-ed card, as the tenkai-ed card was being inserted into the center. Then I would move my right hand back with the original center card and drop it on the top of the deck.

Not only is the difficult to do quickly and smoothly, but the angles suck. I could really only get like one good angle in the mirror (I've never performed this), and would have about 1 degree of freedom once in that position.

But I posted this to hopefully fuel somebody else's thoughts to create comething better, not as a reccomendation to perform.

4. #4 September 12th, 2007

Impulse and Ego at same time? Gonna try, but I think it`s hard.
    I have a version of Tivo with snap-change, rather good.

5. #5 October 19th, 2007

mine was a jonas change while sticking or swtiching the extra card.

6. #6 October 19th, 2007

The whole point of Tivo is not having any duplicates...

7. #7 October 19th, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    the effect would be cool, but what's great about dan and dave's material is that they only use 52 cards in all their tricks (exept for the Jokers)... so that's what is so great about Tivo. try to do the same effect without using duplicates nothing's impossible ! good luck

smile.
    canīt mentoin that better. To use NO Duplicates or tricky gimmicked cards is the special thing about the Magic of the twins.

To you idea itself.......it SOUNDS good.....but 1st of all not that more visual than the original method. 2nd of all you are going to end VERY unclean.

AND (and iīm an optimistic person ) this sounds a little complicated to execute. Impulse and Ego at the same time......at some points it sounds almost impossible to me.

So...nice idea....but to much work ....and not that much more visual it should be.

I think the Twins Method is the greatest

tricksflourishesandeverythingelse - best experience ever!
  8. #8 October 20th, 2007

And guys, you know... You should really try to stop using the name "Tivo" if you are coming up with a new transposition effect.

- harapan. magic!

9. #9 October 21st, 2007

ok dan and dave are pros and they have been doing magic for awhile plus they are the best flourishers we all know

so why dont you have faith in Tivo 1 and 2
    im sure they had to work out all the kinks in there version(s)
    so i would say just learn their version(s) because they have put a lot of time into these tricks and im sure they are the best ways to do this sort of effect

(that does not mean that you ahve to not try to make your own trick(s) just try not to take there idea and change it)

--
    Josh
    Christian, Magician, Friend...
  10. #10 November 3rd, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by magicfreak667 View Post
    mine was a jonas change while sticking or swtiching the extra card.
    It's called Jones change!