Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

TYCOON Luxury Playing Cards

Produced in collaboration with Steve Cohen at the prestigious Waldorf Astoria Hotel.More Details

Saturday Night Contest - Anything but Magic You are now viewing the Saturday Night Contest - Anything but Magic thread.
  1. #1 July 19th, 2014

Default Saturday Night Contest - Anything but Magic

Hey everyone!

This week, it's not about the magic but instead, we're interested in your other talents and inspiring each other with new and creative ideas. As magicians and/or cardists, we draw inspiration from everything around us. Inspiration can come from architecture or new genres of entertainment, to name a few, and that inspiration can give us the spark to create something great.

So tonight, we are going to inspire each other by showing off the talents we all have outside of magic. Do you play drums, skateboard, draw? Great! Anything you love to do outside of magic can inspire not only yourself, but others as well.

The challenge is to film a video of you showcasing a talent of yours that is NOT magic related at all. Film your talent, and post your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram. Then, post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday July 20th. The winner for this week's contest will receive 1,000 Elite Points, a Medallions Shirt, and a deck of charity: water playing cards.

Judging will be based on which one we feel is the most impressive and which one stands out the most. You can submit up to 2 different talents!

Have fun with this! We can't wait to see all of your wonderful talents!

:: casey.rudd
    theory11 interactive
    casey@theory11.com
    http://www.theory11.com
  2. #2 July 19th, 2014
  3. #3 July 19th, 2014

Just curious how the winner is chosen. Best video editing, coolest presentation, coolest hobby etc. Or will it be a random draw from the entries?

4. #4 July 19th, 2014
  5. #5 July 19th, 2014

Just curious how the winner is chosen. Best video editing, coolest presentation, coolest hobby etc. Or will it be a random draw from the entries?
    what he said.

plus, one talent or can you showcase several?

6. #6 July 19th, 2014

Besides Magic...I like to work to be a strong person, in body and mind so I practice Crossfit. this kind of exercise requires practice, discipline and theory to achieve maximun fitness and not only become strong, but a complete athlete.

This one is a Power Clean with Jerk, with a weight of 185lbs.

http://instagram.com/p/qpv20eET7U/?modal=true

can somebody please check if the link works? and tell me if it doesnt?...thanks!!

Where Is That Silence You Promise Me?
    Why Is You Distance So Close To Me?
    Why Is Your Violence Still Hurting Me?
    Why Are Your Eyes...Avoiding Me?

The Lost Manifesto
    Coming on 2010
    Right Now is 35%

Follow Me On Twitter!!
    http://twitter.com/LuisVega_M
  7. #7 July 19th, 2014

I also would like to know the judging process for this particular contest.

8. #8 July 19th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Vega View Post
    can somebody please check if the link works? and tell me if it doesnt?...thanks!!
    Worked for me, awesome entry by the way; that's insane Luis. All of these have been awesome entries so far, nice work guys. Can't wait to give this a shot, I'll be putting together my entry soon.

9. #9 July 19th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ZakR1 View Post
    Worked for me, awesome entry by the way; that's insane Luis. All of these have been awesome entries so far, nice work guys. Can't wait to give this a shot, I'll be putting together my entry soon.
    Thanks man!! I appreciate it!!

Where Is That Silence You Promise Me?
    Why Is You Distance So Close To Me?
    Why Is Your Violence Still Hurting Me?
    Why Are Your Eyes...Avoiding Me?

The Lost Manifesto
    Coming on 2010
    Right Now is 35%

Follow Me On Twitter!!
    http://twitter.com/LuisVega_M
  10. #10 July 19th, 2014

I'm an artist how do I make a video of that? I can do an artwork and collage some pics of it through each of it's stages? Please help, I really wanna enter this one.

'Let art conceal art' _ T. Nelson Downs

'Magic is simply the chip that carries the guacamole that is you' _ Zach Mueller

www.facebook.com/TufaylMyburghMagician
    www.youtube.com/fanman120