Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

THE MYSTERY BOX

Presented by J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, 826 National, and theory11. What's inside the box?More Details

Is Cardistry recognizable? You are now viewing the Is Cardistry recognizable? thread.
  1. #41 November 29th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    Uh what? A lot of people where are acting like what? Again, what are you talking? The discussion was what can we do to promote cardistry? No rainbows or unicorns here dude.
    Every time I say to do something in this thread, it got labeled as negative. That I wasn't being optimistic. That if people just believe in themselves, good things will come to them. I'm using hyperbole and humor to make a point. I can't believe I had to explain that just now. I could not have been any more obvious about it than if I had Patton Oswalt read it aloud in silly voices.

That is not dead, which can eternal lie
    And with strange eons, even death may die

Witching Hour Productions
    The Pitt and the Pendulum
  2. #42 November 29th, 2013

No idea how you got that impression from this thread. You lumped a bunch of people together with the usual "you guys need to do X because your problem is Y" when the discussion needed ideas and positive encouragement.

Try applying your talents in a different way. Make less assumptions and instead of making everything so gloomy in an effort to get people to "rise up to the challenge" and "weed out the weak", try something positive. Might get a better response.

// andrei jikh
    vp of production / theory11
  3. #43 November 29th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    when the discussion needed ideas and positive encouragement.
    So none of the stuff I posted contained ideas? Didn't you just get done saying a few minutes ago that you liked the proposed business plan for aspiring pro flourishers? Did that not count for some reason?

Try applying your talents in a different way. Make less assumptions and instead of making everything so gloomy in an effort to get people to "rise up to the challenge" and "weed out the weak", try something positive. Might get a better response.
    At this point I'm half-tempted to just copy-paste a bunch of Courage Wolf memes just to see what the reaction would be.

4. #44 November 29th, 2013

I don't generally post on the forums anymore because 99% of the time, nobody cares about what I (or anyone else) says when they have their mind set.

I can also say with full confidence that I have nothing against maxllah nor Andrei (in fact, I love flourishing and I don't do any magic) and fully respect Steerpike (mentalism and that genre has always fascinated me).

After that little preface, I'd also like to say that I'm a fairly positive person but I don't think that Steerpike has, in any way, been negative in this thread. He has answered the OP's original question and then told him some ways to fix it. There have been no personal attacks and no real aggressive attitudes.

Andrei, I completely understand why it would offend you if someone spoke down to something that you make a living out of/really enjoy doing, but I really don't see why you don't like Steerpike's idea. I'm not in the magic/flourishing/entertainment industry but even I see the value behind Steerpike's advice. He's merely providing a method to make cardistry more prominent in circles other than online forums. There's certainly nothing wrong with that.

To the OP, no, cardistry is not internationally recognizable right now, but there's no reason as to why it can't be in the future.

Again, this entire post will probably be completely ignored (as seems to be the pattern) and I apologize if I've offended anyone but that's just my point of view.

5. #45 November 29th, 2013

thank you S.G

andrei was just trying to post a reply on what he thinks of cardistry.
    but steerpike keeps giving us bad feedback.
    at first i wanted to hear what he had to say, but since he argued with andrei and was trying to give me cardistry advice that was not helpful, as it was more negative i don't want to hear his advise.

but right now lets just get back on track.

do you guys have any good creative ways to promote cardistry

6. #46 November 29th, 2013

might i ( just hypothetically ) suggest somewhat of a cardistry training camp

7. #47 November 29th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by S.G View Post
    Again, this entire post will probably be completely ignored (as seems to be the pattern) and I apologize if I've offended anyone but that's just my point of view.
    For what it's worth, I appreciate the vote of confidence. I know I can be difficult to work with, but that doesn't mean I don't care. I've decided not to bother with this particular thread after this. Max and Andrei repeatedly insist that my advice is bad/too negative, but they've never qualified those statements or told me what exactly to do about it beyond vague assertions to stop saying things they don't like and that I don't belong here because I'm not just like them. They ask for more creative ideas, but there's a reason you don't see any Fortune 500 companies with an "ideas" department. If that's the way they feel and they're not willing to meet me half-way, there's nothing I can do about it.

On a happier note, the next thread in my Crash Course in Business series goes up tomorrow. I'll be talking about testimonials. How to get them, how to use them, and how they help you. So anyone reading this who's serious about going pro, look for it in the General boards. I've already got 5 up, and I plan to keep going through December as well. It's like the jokes on Mystery Science Theater 3000: the right people will get it.

Cheers, SG. If I don't see you again before the year's over, Happy Holidays.

Everyone else? Peace. And all that jazz.

8. #48 November 29th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by maxllah View Post
    thank you S.G

andrei was just trying to post a reply on what he thinks of cardistry.
    but steerpike keeps giving us bad feedback.
    at first i wanted to hear what he had to say, but since he argued with andrei and was trying to give me cardistry advice that was not helpful, as it was more negative i don't want to hear his advise.

but right now lets just get back on track.

do you guys have any good creative ways to promote cardistry
    Can I just ask - How was it negative? How was it not helpful? He outlined a clear path to achieve exactly what you want. Literally, step by step to do exactly what you want.

How is that negative?

-Christopher
  9. #49 November 29th, 2013

he was not
    andrei was the only one giving me the advise that was both positive and encouraging
    steerpike was within the limits, andrei was going beyond the limits

where did he outline the path and how would he know.
    he's not a flourisher

10. #50 November 29th, 2013

stick to the topic.

DO ANY OF YOU HAVE GOOD WAS TO PROMOTE CARDISTRY.