Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

THE MYSTERY BOX

Presented by J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, 826 National, and theory11. What's inside the box?More Details

Saturday Night Contest - Anything Edible You are now viewing the Saturday Night Contest - Anything Edible thread.
  1. #1 November 16th, 2013

Lightbulb Saturday Night Contest - Anything Edible

Hey guys! Hope you all are having a great weekend. Just yesterday on Expose, we teased an upcoming effect by our friend Bizarro, called Overstuft - one of many releases we have in store for Black Friday.

Your challenge for this week is simple - create a magic effect that utilizes something edible (food or drink). For example; make soda in a cup vanish, make french fries disappear, a gum pack change from empty to full, etc. Anything goes, just make sure your effect uses something edible in some way!

This week, we're looking for creativity and overall impact. It doesn't have to be TOTALLY original, but the more creative, the better. Feel free to adapt an existing effect to this genre - like performing Alchemy with a strawberry, etc. Think outside the box, wow our judging panel, and make your effect stand out. To help in that pursuit, you've got 24 hours to make it happen - the deadline is tomorrow (Sunday) at 7:30pm EST.

Upload your video performance of your effect to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, November 17th. You have a full 24 HOURS to enter. Note that all videos must be created and posted new (starting now).

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Member Points, and one of each of ALL of our new releases on Black Friday.

// jonathan.bayme
    ceo / theory11
  2. #2 November 16th, 2013

Has to be 100% original?

3. #3 November 16th, 2013

Should it be performed to a live audience or is video camera fine?

4. #4 November 16th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonyw View Post
    Has to be 100% original?
    Does not have to be 100% original - feel free to adapt another effect to this (like performing Alchemy with a strawberry) - but the more original, the better!

// jonathan.bayme
    ceo / theory11
  5. #5 November 16th, 2013

damn, don't think I have anything in the bag for this one. Best of luck to the rest of y'all.

6. #6 November 16th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by junkbox View Post
    Should it be performed to a live audience or is video camera fine?
    Video performance for the camera is fine - as long as we can see the effect clearly shown!

// jonathan.bayme
    ceo / theory11
  7. #7 November 16th, 2013
  8. #8 November 16th, 2013

My entry for the Saturday Night Contest. 100% original. No duplicates and very impromptu. Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imL32WRZ_lc

9. #9 November 16th, 2013

Here's my entry

Based on a David Regal effect, i do this for my kid's shows. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05BMZTslGmI

10. #10 November 17th, 2013

Here's a fun trick best done during the middle of a meal. No gimmicks and the cup and straw are immediately examinable:

http://youtu.be/aUbW42cSFpM

KEYLICIOUS is here!
    See the trailer!
    www.JeffPrace.com

Catch me on YouTube or FaceBook