Your Cart

Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Checkout
Account Support
Announcement

Holiday Contest 2014

Meet your favorite theory11 artist, win free playing cards, or gain instant Elite Membership!More Details

Magics relation to cheating at cards You are now viewing the Magics relation to cheating at cards thread.
  1. #61 July 23rd, 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Art View Post
    Can you please point me to some videos of your card work, preferably with shuffles and deals, otherwise you just trolling this part of the forum. For a professional filmmaker it should not be that difficult.
    Actually, this is the card MAGIC forum. An aspect of card work you have expressly said you have no desire to participate in.

    Accept that you were wrong and stop trying to find ways to use ad hominem. It's not difficult to understand that someone can do both things you think are mutually exclusive (Thank you Mr. England for pointing out concrete examples), even though you still seem obstinate in your belief.

    -Christopher
  2. #62 July 23rd, 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Art View Post
    Can you please point me to some videos of your card work, preferably with shuffles and deals, otherwise you just trolling this part of the forum. For a professional filmmaker it should not be that difficult.
    I don't think you understand. Not only do I not have to prove anything to you, but my own proficiency at card magic is not in question, nor is it necessary for me to see through your bull****.

    I don't have to make a blockbuster film to know that Biodome is a terrible movie. I don't have to write a bestselling novel to tell you that purple rose looks and reads like crap. I don't have to win 5 Grammys to tell you that Lulu is like being stabbed in the ears by herpes. And I don't have to be an expert at the card table to know that your incoherent argument of mutual exclusivity is nonsense.

    That is not dead, which can eternal lie
    And with strange eons, even death may die

    Witching Hour Productions
    The Pitt and the Pendulum
  3. #63 July 24th, 2013
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Worthing, West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
    I don't think you understand. Not only do I not have to prove anything to you, but my own proficiency at card magic is not in question, nor is it necessary for me to see through your bull****.

    I don't have to make a blockbuster film to know that Biodome is a terrible movie. I don't have to write a bestselling novel to tell you that purple rose looks and reads like crap. I don't have to win 5 Grammys to tell you that Lulu is like being stabbed in the ears by herpes. And I don't have to be an expert at the card table to know that your incoherent argument of mutual exclusivity is nonsense.

    You can talk the talk but cant walk the walk. I am not feeding the troll any more.

    /ignore Streerpike

  4. #64 July 24th, 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Art View Post
    You can talk the talk but cant walk the walk. I am not feeding the troll any more.

    /ignore Streerpike
    Okay, taking bets. How long before this guy disappears from the forum, never to be heard from again? I give it two weeks at the outside.

    That is not dead, which can eternal lie
    And with strange eons, even death may die

    Witching Hour Productions
    The Pitt and the Pendulum
  5. #65 July 24th, 2013
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Art View Post
    Jason, i know it out of the topic, your avatar states "card mechanic", do you consider yourself a magician or "card mechanic"?
    I perform classical card magic, give theatrical demonstrations of cheating techniques (where entertainment is more important than reality) and also perform legitimate casino security demonstrations with playing cards (where accurate information is infinitely more important than entertaining).

    So, I think that magician/card mechanic/demonstrator or a half-dozen other terms could all be accurate for me.

    Jason

  6. #66 July 24th, 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
    Okay, taking bets. How long before this guy disappears from the forum, never to be heard from again? I give it two weeks at the outside.
    You are a bully)))

  7. #67 July 24th, 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by negativ4ik View Post
    You are a bully)))
    He's welcome to prove me wrong, you know. But I'm not optimistic given his behavior so far. He really does strike me as being just like every other wannabe that's come through here. Jason proved him wrong and he doesn't even have the decency to say, "I stand corrected." If my judgment seems harsh... meh.

    That is not dead, which can eternal lie
    And with strange eons, even death may die

    Witching Hour Productions
    The Pitt and the Pendulum
  8. #68 July 24th, 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Art View Post
    He didn`t fool Penn and Teller with his bottoms.l.
    No he didnt but Penn said he performed it better than Jerry Camaro who spent 14 years in prison and practised every day, i could quote that ive seen it so many times so he could easily be one of the best in the world

    The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty is the moment you are an artist-David Cockney
  9. #69 July 25th, 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
    He's welcome to prove me wrong, you know. But I'm not optimistic given his behavior so far. He really does strike me as being just like every other wannabe that's come through here. Jason proved him wrong and he doesn't even have the decency to say, "I stand corrected." If my judgment seems harsh... meh.
    I think he sort of did in his reply to Jasons England post.
    I not trying to pick up an argument here. But you do sometimes come in a bid havy handed. I looked through your posts. Its not the first time you do that. You write very expert opinions on topics, but for a profesional filmaker, mentalist and magician, you got one non magic related clip to back it up. Just seems a bit odd.

    Also i just think its a bit hash to greet new members of our comunity in a manner you did. You could of done it a diffrent manner.

  10. #70 July 25th, 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by negativ4ik View Post
    You write very expert opinions on topics, but for a profesional filmaker, mentalist and magician, you got one non magic related clip to back it up. Just seems a bit odd.
    Craig hasn't posted any videos of himself. Neither has Christopher, to my knowledge. Yet I don't see anyone rushing to demand from them proof that they are are in fact professional mystery entertainers and not, say, giant chinchillas who learned how to speak English and use a keyboard.

    I don't like repeating myself, but let me make this absolutely clear: anyone who thinks I need to produce a video of a trick that could fool Penn and Teller in order to justify my opinions needs to take their head out of their ass. Leaving completely aside the fact that young Mr. Art tried at every single turn to weasel out of the burden of proof, demanding to see video of me as proof that I know what I'm talking about is the exact same logic as those obnoxious Twilight fans who say to anyone who thought the books/movies sucked, "Oh yeah? Well where's your bestselling novel/blockbuster movie?" It's a gotcha question as interpreted by a goddamn toddler and anyone who uses it deserves absolutely no respect from me.

    That is not dead, which can eternal lie
    And with strange eons, even death may die

    Witching Hour Productions
    The Pitt and the Pendulum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Login to theory11

Forgot Password?

Create New Account