Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

THE MYSTERY BOX

Presented by J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, 826 National, and theory11. What's inside the box?More Details

Blake Vogt Card Splitting You are now viewing the Blake Vogt Card Splitting thread.
  1. #1 March 23rd, 2013

Default Blake Vogt Card Splitting

So this morning I got the first card splitting download from blake and have gotten pretty good at splitting already in just a day because I already kind of knew how to split cards. I really want to make my own gaffed cards instead of buying them because I'm broke, but blake only goes through half of the gaffed card making process. the actual gluing together is talked about in a few books, but those were written half a century ago and methods change quite a bit so I was wondering if anyone knew if he was coming out with v2? or if they would mind sharing the ways they stick the cards together. Thanks!

Don't accept wooden Nickels
  2. #2 March 24th, 2013

check my signature i have a video that i think goes through the process. if not i am actually going to be putting a video up about how to make gaffs.

www.christopherwiehl.com
    check out my products and contact me there.
  3. #3 March 24th, 2013

Yo Monte Master good question! I totally intend on putting out a Vol. 2 and 3. I want to cover everything you need to know when it comes to glueing and pressing and finishing basic card gaffs like double facers and backers. Then for Volume 3 I'm up for suggestions. I want to cover a couple tricky gaffs in Volume 3. Maybe half and half cards or possible acrobatic cards. Don't know yet. I'll probably take a poll and see what people want to learn. I will be busy for the next few months with a project but then I will put out Volume 2

"We all know Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize truth, at least the truth that is given to us to understand." -Pablo Picasso
  4. #4 March 24th, 2013

Thanks Chris and Blake. I'll definitely check out the video and I look forward to the release of v2+3. One type of gaffed card I think would be really cool to learn how to do is a mispipped card like in Dan Harlan's Red Rover trick. I've also seen it used in a monte routine from Derek Delgaudio and it was super impressive. I just recently got Reflections by Heldar Guimaraes and he uses a lot of gaffed cards in quite a few of his routines and the mispip is one of them along with your standard double backers and facers.

5. #5 March 28th, 2013

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/859#reviews

This video is what helped me get my start on card splitting. I made a few cool gaffs and the video is worth your money.

6. #6 April 7th, 2013

thanks i'll be sure to check this one out too and see what it's got

7. #7 September 23rd, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeVogt View Post
    Yo Monte Master good question! I totally intend on putting out a Vol. 2 and 3. I want to cover everything you need to know when it comes to glueing and pressing and finishing basic card gaffs like double facers and backers. Then for Volume 3 I'm up for suggestions. I want to cover a couple tricky gaffs in Volume 3. Maybe half and half cards or possible acrobatic cards. Don't know yet. I'll probably take a poll and see what people want to learn. I will be busy for the next few months with a project but then I will put out Volume 2
    It is late September and I just got this video download. After already going through Magic Makers "The Art of Card Splitting" many times and using "Cannibal" by Kevin Reylek with some great streamline ideas for splitting, I came across this gem and must say - "Wow, this is some informative stuff that will not only increase my speed, but my quality as well." Any Idea on a time frame for V2 and V3? Can't wait to get my hands on them. Thanks for the great work so far.

www.shadowpest.wordpress.com <~~~ my story & blog about the brutal harsh realities of cancer recovery.

DON'T SPEND SO MUCH TIME TRYING NOT TO DIE THAT YOU FORGET HOW TO LIVE.