Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

THE MYSTERY BOX

Presented by J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, 826 National, and theory11. What's inside the box?More Details

Beginner cardistry? You are now viewing the Beginner cardistry? thread.
  1. #1 October 31st, 2012

Default Beginner cardistry?

I've tried to flourish, but i just can't do it. Any tips for a complete beginner in cardistry. I've tried everything on the wire, I just can't do it.

2. #2 October 31st, 2012

buy genesis v1, its expensive but its a great foundation for cardistry and its soooooo well produced.

3. #3 November 1st, 2012

Yep, defiantly get Genesis (V1 first, then V2 and V3 as soon as it will be released). I couldn't even hold cards, now training about two weeks with Genesis and I'm already flourishing like a monster!

BICYCLE! BICYCLE! BICYCLE! I want to fan my... BICYCLE! BICYCLE! BICYCLE! I want to fan my BICYCLE, I want to cut my Biiiiikes, I want to shuffle my BICYCLES and do every flourish IIIII liiiiike!!!
  4. #4 November 1st, 2012

I am also a beginner, I have just been teaching myself with youtube for the past 2-3 weeks. so far i'm able to do a bunch of simple cuts like the charlier and swing and blah blah, the hot shot cut, and a really basic version of sybil. I don't know how long you have spent practicing but it took me many hours of practicing just for the cards not to slip out of packets when making any sort of move. It just seems to me that anything that seems impossible with this isn't at all, you just have to do it A LOT to get used to it.

5. #5 November 1st, 2012

That's the awesomeness of this art, you get to learn a new move and mess it completely up 100 of times and think "no way!" and then the 101st time - BAAAM yout got it!

BICYCLE! BICYCLE! BICYCLE! I want to fan my... BICYCLE! BICYCLE! BICYCLE! I want to fan my BICYCLE, I want to cut my Biiiiikes, I want to shuffle my BICYCLES and do every flourish IIIII liiiiike!!!
  6. #6 November 1st, 2012

Genesis v1 is a great place to start because it provides a huge solid base on which to get started. The variety of moves and content is something I really strived for. Furthermore, the DVD is nearly 4 hours long which should keep you busy for years to come. If you need help with any moves, let me know - I'm always around... being sneaky...!

// andrei jikh
    vp of production / theory11