Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Checkout
Account Support
Announcement

Holiday Contest 2014

Spin to win! Meet your favorite theory11 artist, win free playing cards, or gain instant Elite Membership!More Details

Mathieu Bich's Transcode You are now viewing the Mathieu Bich's Transcode thread.
  1. #1 May 20th, 2012

Default Mathieu Bich's Transcode

This trick is amazing, and I think Mathieu has done a great job updating this timeless trick, and the integration of a colour changing deck kicker which is ultimately the best ending to this introduction effect it excellent, and the key reason I got it. However I find the the use of sticky tape puts a bit of a damper on the effect. I have been playing around with it and I found that by using a double backer the ending is cleaned and more fluid. This is done by performing the trick as normal, but with a double backer on top of the deck instead of a sticky back card. At the end you place the card that was changed on the top of the deck, after it has been examined. Then getting a break under the selection and double backer and performing a double lift turn over, you can then spread cleanly through the deck, though you will still need to spread over the gimmick. I believe this is clears up the problem nicely.

2. #2 May 20th, 2012

nice. To be honest, I perform that effect without the double sided tape, I just spread correctly the cards. But to make it easier for the customers, I decided to add the use of double sided tape. Great idea though ;-)
    Mathieu

Mathieu Bich
    theory11 artist