Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

THE MYSTERY BOX

Presented by J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, 826 National, and theory11. What's inside the box?More Details

Do you let people examine your props or cards? You are now viewing the Do you let people examine your props or cards? thread.
  1. #11 April 13th, 2012

I can usually get through a routine or a gig without anybody wanting to check my cards, coins, or anything. A lot of it has to do with the audience, and that's sometimes just how they are. But sometimes it has a lot to do with what the magician says, or how he acts. For example, if you say, "This is an extremely valuable, antique deck of cards passed down from my great grandfather that was a magician.." You're gonna have people that don't believe you or that want to check your cards. But, if you just present whatever prop you're using without acting like it's anything special, people mainly won't assume that there's anything fishy going on.

Another thing that can help is to be open with your audience. Let them shuffle the cards, and examine the coin after you do a coin bend or something like that. Don't make them have to ask you. When you have nothing to hide, don't hide anything. This makes them trust you more and they won't doubt that everything you use is 100% legit.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/AbracaAwesome

Follow me!
    https://twitter.com/#!/AbracaAwesome

http://www.theory11.com/wire/artist/aaron-williams/

"The number showed up! The number I picked in my forehead!"
    - Randall (from Stigmata)

Quote Originally Posted by jrobarts05 View Post
    i think slapping her is easier. just maybe not the most polite solution
  2. #12 April 13th, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron.Williams View Post
    I can usually get through a routine or a gig without anybody wanting to check my cards, coins, or anything. A lot of it has to do with the audience, and that's sometimes just how they are. But sometimes it has a lot to do with what the magician says, or how he acts. For example, if you say, "This is an extremely valuable, antique deck of cards passed down from my great grandfather that was a magician.." You're gonna have people that don't believe you or that want to check your cards. But, if you just present whatever prop you're using without acting like it's anything special, people mainly won't assume that there's anything fishy going on.

Another thing that can help is to be open with your audience. Let them shuffle the cards, and examine the coin after you do a coin bend or something like that. Don't make them have to ask you. When you have nothing to hide, don't hide anything. This makes them trust you more and they won't doubt that everything you use is 100% legit.
    How about if your Soft Morgan dollars and just mention that they are antique coins passed down from your grandfather and so on. I'd think that type of scenario would work.

Inertia is a property of matter.