Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

THE MYSTERY BOX

Presented by J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, 826 National, and theory11. What's inside the box?More Details

How do you guys practice? You are now viewing the How do you guys practice? thread.
  1. #11 July 7th, 2012

@PurpleMustache dropping cards and having to pick them up must suck when you're practicing in the blindfolded stage. Interesting approach though. I will give that a try.

@HaveOuts aww I really wanted to read what happened on the early morning of December 12 when the andromeda galaxy was properly aligned with Alpha Lyrae.

@renome I'm not sure exactly how to tell you what stage I am at flourishing. I guess I would answer that by saying that I'm still at the stage of learning the moves of others and not yet creating my own. The last flourish I tried to learn was the Jackson 5 from Trilogy. It seems challenging enough to keep my busy for a while. I memorized it, but I can't get it done smoothly, especially in phase 2 (Sybilism). I suppose practice is the only way to fix this

"What is originality? Undetected plagiarism." -William Ralph Inge
  2. #12 July 22nd, 2012

Dan and Dave said that they practiced 'at least' 8-10 hours a day (on school days) and had a mental schedule. It is sort of good to get into a routine but you should obviously be doing cardistry because you enjoy it, not because you feel you have to.

To practice, I just split the flourish into sections (unless it is really short). For example I recently learnt akira which is on the Trilogy. I have not got it as smooth as I would like yet, but I practiced the Tornado part, and got that smooth, then once you have that down, practice the rest. But at the end of the day it is just practice.

3. #13 July 31st, 2012

i practice the sybil cut lately (i know pretty easy but im new) and i am also a cuber so i have that approach to it as well, i sit down put music on and then just practice til i cant get i wrong

4. #14 July 31st, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by thageek View Post
    i practice the sybil cut lately (i know pretty easy but im new) and i am also a cuber so i have that approach to it as well, i sit down put music on and then just practice til i cant get i wrong
    What sybil do you practice?

I practice all day( yesterday I practiced 9 hours, I was taking time), I have really ****y cards, that I take everywhere. I do flourishes when watch TV, play computer, I go out with cards. I love it.

Sorry for my English.
  5. #15 July 31st, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jebzy View Post
    What sybil do you practice?
    don't really know just found a tut on youtube :3 i think it's the most barebones version

6. #16 July 31st, 2012

I typically practice every day in front of a mirror or camera. Recording yourself on camera is especially helpful because you can watch yourself the way others see you - and improve your weaknesses accordingly.

-MJ