Your Cart

Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Checkout
Account Support

Counterfeit by Wayne Houchin

Tear a card into pieces - then visually restore it, right in front of your spectator's eyes.More Details

How do you guys practice? You are now viewing the How do you guys practice? thread.
  1. #11 July 7th, 2012

@PurpleMustache dropping cards and having to pick them up must suck when you're practicing in the blindfolded stage. Interesting approach though. I will give that a try.

@HaveOuts aww I really wanted to read what happened on the early morning of December 12 when the andromeda galaxy was properly aligned with Alpha Lyrae.

@renome I'm not sure exactly how to tell you what stage I am at flourishing. I guess I would answer that by saying that I'm still at the stage of learning the moves of others and not yet creating my own. The last flourish I tried to learn was the Jackson 5 from Trilogy. It seems challenging enough to keep my busy for a while. I memorized it, but I can't get it done smoothly, especially in phase 2 (Sybilism). I suppose practice is the only way to fix this

"What is originality? Undetected plagiarism." -William Ralph Inge
  2. #12 July 22nd, 2012

Dan and Dave said that they practiced 'at least' 8-10 hours a day (on school days) and had a mental schedule. It is sort of good to get into a routine but you should obviously be doing cardistry because you enjoy it, not because you feel you have to.

To practice, I just split the flourish into sections (unless it is really short). For example I recently learnt akira which is on the Trilogy. I have not got it as smooth as I would like yet, but I practiced the Tornado part, and got that smooth, then once you have that down, practice the rest. But at the end of the day it is just practice.

3. #13 July 31st, 2012

i practice the sybil cut lately (i know pretty easy but im new) and i am also a cuber so i have that approach to it as well, i sit down put music on and then just practice til i cant get i wrong

4. #14 July 31st, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by thageek View Post
    i practice the sybil cut lately (i know pretty easy but im new) and i am also a cuber so i have that approach to it as well, i sit down put music on and then just practice til i cant get i wrong
    What sybil do you practice?

I practice all day( yesterday I practiced 9 hours, I was taking time), I have really ****y cards, that I take everywhere. I do flourishes when watch TV, play computer, I go out with cards. I love it.

Sorry for my English.
  5. #15 July 31st, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jebzy View Post
    What sybil do you practice?
    don't really know just found a tut on youtube :3 i think it's the most barebones version

6. #16 July 31st, 2012

I typically practice every day in front of a mirror or camera. Recording yourself on camera is especially helpful because you can watch yourself the way others see you - and improve your weaknesses accordingly.

-MJ