Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

TYCOON Luxury Playing Cards

Produced in collaboration with Steve Cohen at the prestigious Waldorf Astoria Hotel.More Details

Daniel Madison and Mathieu Bich on P&T's Fool Us You are now viewing the Daniel Madison and Mathieu Bich on P&T's Fool Us thread.
  1. #11 June 26th, 2011

And well deserved. Adding in the box was a perfect cover.

And this happens to be one of his creations he has on market!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S9528

"I did this in prison!"
  2. #12 June 26th, 2011

Daniel Madison on facebook commented : "After tonight's performance, I'll be releasing a full explanation ( video and book ) of the method. Stay tuned for more details." and "The P&T explanation will be free"

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside462 View Post
    And well deserved. Adding in the box was a perfect cover.

And this happens to be one of his creations he has on market!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S9528
    I know who's gonna buy that .... lol

"Skills rest in your mind not in the props you make use of"

-Luke Jermay

"Mundus Vult Decipi, Ergo Decipiatur"
    [The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived]

The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth - it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.

3. #13 June 26th, 2011

Check out the Daniel Madison one here

"Skills rest in your mind not in the props you make use of"

-Luke Jermay

"Mundus Vult Decipi, Ergo Decipiatur"
    [The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived]

The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth - it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.

4. #14 June 26th, 2011

DANIELmadison.co.uk
  5. #15 June 26th, 2011

Thanks for the link Daniel- Thanks in advance for the Tutorial for the effect too.

-Sin07

The things you own End up owning you.
  6. #16 June 26th, 2011

Daniel Madison's performance was very good. Pretty straight forward with what he did, but he did it so well. Owners of the Dangerous DVD that T11 put out that are still scared of the bold move frequently used in Madison's work saw him put his name on his words with this performance by doing the move on television, in front of P&T, while he was legitimately blindfolded. As P&T said, the second move used in the routine was also flawless. Good stuff. Wish we got the show over here.

7. #17 June 26th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by d+M View Post
    THat was one of the most amazing card effects i've seen and easily the best I've seen from you. Truly astonoshing.

The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.
    -- Somerset Maugham
  8. #18 June 26th, 2011

@Daniel Madison

The simplicity of that effect is very very strong. A very good example of how presentation can elevate a couple of (extremely hard to master) moves to an amazing performance of seemingly impossible odds.

(without revealing the method) I was wondering if when practicing the routine if you experimented with 'shuffling' the deck before the deal (enabling you to do the latter half of the trick in a different way) Or do you feel it would cheapen the effect to handle the cards in any way. I hope that question makes sense, as I don't want to reveal anything.

Feel free to pm me an answer if you like.

Kayo

9. #19 June 26th, 2011

I loved both performances, but i'm very surprised that Daniels effect has fooled magicians- as has been said, pretty standard in terms of what he did, but executed perfectly.

Been doing magic for 13 years. I come and go.
  10. #20 June 26th, 2011

I think it was unfair of ITV to zoom in on Daniels hands as Penn handed the deck back, made one half of it extremely obvious. When I saw that I was let down but also impressed at him for having the guts to do such a ballsy thing.

Mathieu was great though.