Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

TYCOON Luxury Playing Cards

Produced in collaboration with Steve Cohen at the prestigious Waldorf Astoria Hotel.More Details

How to promote yourself You are now viewing the How to promote yourself thread.
  1. #11 June 19th, 2011

here's the deal...

#1 - you must have a good, quality, solid show

#2 - you must have a good, professional reputation

#3 - underpromise and over deliver

#4 - develop different web sites for different markets as well as promo materials to go with them, you can still do several markets but you don't want one web site saying "magic for all occasions". I used to have 4 different web sites and 4 different business cards for each market. That stuff is so inexpensive to put together these days there's no reason NOT to do it this way. - I currently only have 2 sites promoting me, an old one for my college market shows and then my regular dansperry.com site. Once you have word of mouth, a good reputation and are known for a solid show it doesn't matter what you wear etc because once they know that the only place to book YOU is to hire YOU - that's when you've got em'. They can hire a "magician" anywhere - make them want to hire RICK EVERHART. I've done it all from kids b-days to nursing homes and everything in between AND STILL DO. My December last year WAS BOOKED SOLID DOING CORPORATE SHOWS just like it has been every year before that. They know what they're hiring because they want to hire DAN SPERRY just like you want them to want to hire RICK EVERHART.

Danny Boi
    www.DanSperry.com
    What were the names of the two other men who were crucified at the same time as Jesus? - It doesn't matter, people only remember the headliner.
  2. #12 June 19th, 2011

Oh yeah...ps...

#5 - NEVER take a "no" from someone who is not in the position to say "yes".

Danny Boi
    www.DanSperry.com
    What were the names of the two other men who were crucified at the same time as Jesus? - It doesn't matter, people only remember the headliner.
  3. #13 June 19th, 2011

#6 - Get on the cover of Genii.

~David
    Any perception of reality is a selection of reality which results in a distortion of reality.
  4. #14 June 19th, 2011

Thanks fellas. All of this advice gives me a lot of things to digest to take it to the next level. Much appreciated.