Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

THE MYSTERY BOX

Presented by J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, 826 National, and theory11. What's inside the box?More Details

Saturday Night Contest - Supernatural Roundtable You are now viewing the Saturday Night Contest - Supernatural Roundtable thread.
  1. #1 June 11th, 2011

Lightbulb Saturday Night Contest - Supernatural Roundtable

Earlier this week, we announced a new Discovery Channel Special launching on June 29th at 10pm starring our very own Dan White. The show is entitled “The Supernaturalist,” and chronicles White’s journey to explore the roots of magic in cultures remote and afar.

In production of the television special this past year, Dan traveled to Nepal, the Dominican Republic, and more. In one scary turn of events, he (barely) landed on a tiny airstrip in the mountains of Nepal with consultants Michael Ammar, BJ Bueno, and Seth Rovner.

Venturing deep into tribal cultures and urban legends, Dan’s goal was to find the origins of magic and to answer the simple, timeless question: Does real magic exist?

Now is your chance to ask Dan any 3 questions that you have. He is someone that has been on every side of this industry - from producing David Blaine specials to performing in private events in New York - now starring in a television special of his own.

Remember, you only have a maximum of 3 questions to ask Dan. So make them count! You have until 11:00pm EST to submit your questions. One random member whose question is asked during the podcast will receive their choice of either a shiny, now-sold-out JAQK Deck or Jason England's new training video on the Top Card Cover Pass - your pick.

UPDATE :: The podcast has been posted! Listen to it now in our roundtable discussion archive.

// jonathan.bayme
    ceo / theory11
  2. #2 June 11th, 2011

What would you say the biggest thing you got from the making of this new series was?

Out of all the places you visited and all the cultures you saw, which was most inspiring to you personally?

Is this third question sufficient to win me a deck of cards?

3. #3 June 11th, 2011

1. How did you get this Discovery Channel special? Were you recommended for it or did you ask?

2. How did the language barrier affect your performances?

3. If there was one thing you could change about the world's view on magic, what would it be?

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/AbracaAwesome

Follow me!
    https://twitter.com/#!/AbracaAwesome

http://www.theory11.com/wire/artist/aaron-williams/

"The number showed up! The number I picked in my forehead!"
    - Randall (from Stigmata)

Quote Originally Posted by jrobarts05 View Post
    i think slapping her is easier. just maybe not the most polite solution
  4. #4 June 11th, 2011

why do u want to find the origins of magic?
    do u think real magic exist ?
    what inspired u to do this with Discovery Channel =_= !!!?

5. #5 June 11th, 2011

when and how was born the idea of this show?

Was it your idea to make a TV show or it comes after you decide to make this project?

How it was a cooperation with your consultants, and how you pick them?

greetings from Poland

-Maciej Dzięgielewski-

http://NowoczesnyIluzjonista.pl
  6. #6 June 11th, 2011

What is, in your opinion, the most important part when a new effect that is to be released?

7. #7 June 11th, 2011

1. Out of the places you visited, is there a country that reacted better to performances than other countries did?

2. Out of all the things you have released what is your favorite and why?

3. When you were a beginner magician who was your biggest role model?

I don't claim to do things other people can't or magic as you would call it I claim to show something you can't believe could ever happen or deceive.
  8. #8 June 11th, 2011

1. What made you consider starring on T.V?
    2. What experience have you gained from traveling to Nepal, Dominican Republic, etc?
    3. Is there a moment that you will never forget while producing the special?

9. #9 June 11th, 2011

1. Performing in a different countries must have been an eye opening experience, what have you learned by performing for people from widely different backgrounds?

2. Performing on TV is a huge step in ones career, what are your tips for getting a deal to work with a company like Discovery?

3. Being in a near death experience must have caused you to look at things in a different way. That doesn't happen just everyday. What was your thought process at that point in time?

"I did this in prison!"
  10. #10 June 11th, 2011

Which places give the best reactions to your performances and were you ever get mistaken for a real witch doctor/shaman/wizard?
    I am planning on traveling around the world in the spring performing and experiencing magic in different cultures and was wondering if you had any tips/advice for my travels as well as suggestions for places that are a must see for their magical communities/experiences. Thanks and I am really looking forward to this special and your answers!