Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

TYCOON Luxury Playing Cards

Produced in collaboration with Steve Cohen at the prestigious Waldorf Astoria Hotel.More Details

Saturday Night Roundtable - Luis de Matos (posted) You are now viewing the Saturday Night Roundtable - Luis de Matos (posted) thread.
  1. #1 May 21st, 2011

Lightbulb Saturday Night Roundtable - Luis de Matos (posted)

In less than 6 weeks, I'll be jumping on a plane to Portugal to speak at the Essential Magic Conference. The conference is organized by Luis de Matos, David Britland, Marco Tempest, and countless other contributors that made last year's event so remarkable. It's the only magic conference that takes place in your living room - you can watch it on any computer in the world, live, in high definition. And the best part of all is the price: $90. To watch 32 incredible presentations... and yours truly! You'll also receive a DVD set, shipped on the house, of every single presentation. It's an incredible deal.

Tonight, you have the opportunity to ask the man that started it all any question you desire. That man is Luis de Matos, and he also happens to be one of the most successful stage and screen magicians of the past century. His magic has been seen by millions as a result of his constant touring show and television performances weekly. As far as I'm concerned, he's one of the hardest working performers in magic, and his success is a direct result.*

Submit up to three questions tonight for Luis to answer in a podcast to be posted within the next 24 hours. Your questions can be about stage magic, EMC, the speakers, his life, his experience, his work - whatever you'd like. For those of you who aspire for a career on stage and screen, this is one of those rare opportunities to ask questions and get guidance and advice from one of the world's best. Make it count.*

TWO random members who post questions that are asked during the podcast will receive a FREE access code to the Essential Magic Conference. Combined, that's $180 in prizes for your questions. But the advice you'll receive from Luis, I firmly believe, will be worth much more.

NOTE :: The podcast has been posted! This roundtable discussion has now concluded. Listen to it now here!

// jonathan.bayme
    ceo / theory11
  2. #2 May 21st, 2011

What was your inspiration to start EMC?

3. #3 May 21st, 2011

What inspired you to start doing stage magic?

I don't claim to do things other people can't or magic as you would call it I claim to show something you can't believe could ever happen or deceive.
  4. #4 May 21st, 2011

Where do you see EMC in five years?
    Do you have a dream speaker for EMC?

5. #5 May 21st, 2011

How long did it take going from idea to actually starting up EMC?

6. #6 May 21st, 2011

How do you select the speakers for EMC or what is the general process of that?

p.s. I was impressed with last year's line up as well as this year's. I just wanted to see how you went about this.

Retiring my card collection.
    PM for complete list for sale.
  7. #7 May 21st, 2011

1. Who has been the most influential person to you In your magic career?
    2. With all the other magic conferences out there, what really made you want to make another?
    3. If you had to pick, what would be the best lecture you ever attended?

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/AbracaAwesome

Follow me!
    https://twitter.com/#!/AbracaAwesome

http://www.theory11.com/wire/artist/aaron-williams/

"The number showed up! The number I picked in my forehead!"
    - Randall (from Stigmata)

Quote Originally Posted by jrobarts05 View Post
    i think slapping her is easier. just maybe not the most polite solution
  8. #8 May 21st, 2011

What do you think is the most important part of magic that we, as artists, need to preserve?

why do you believe that is the most important?

and how can we accomplish this as a community?

9. #9 May 21st, 2011

What is your training process before presenting a trick or illusion?
    Who inspires you outside of magic?
    Why do you think societies needs magicians?

10. #10 May 21st, 2011

why do you believe that is the most important?

and how can we accomplish this as a community?