Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

TYCOON Luxury Playing Cards

Produced in collaboration with Steve Cohen at the prestigious Waldorf Astoria Hotel.More Details

Magic for Ke$ha You are now viewing the Magic for Ke$ha thread.
  1. #11 February 17th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRudd View Post
    It sounds corny, but French Kiss is indeed a good choice. While performing over the summer in my Downtown area, I did French Kiss to a couple of college girls and after they were done flipping out, they wanted to take a picture with me. I couldn't decline that request...

It's also one of the most simple yet strong pieces of magic. I can't stress this saying enough: "Most of the time, the simple magic is always the strongest."

Good luck with Ke$ha man! Who knows, she might want to have a bit more time with you after your performance...
    So true! you know what card effects I do that normally get the best reactions? Predicting someones card and red hot mama.

2. #12 February 17th, 2011

My friend Tom Isaacson knew her before she exploded onto the scene and did magic for her, she loves magic. It will also help if you grew a beard and didn't take care of it for a while - it will help.

// andrei jikh
    vp of production / theory11
  3. #13 February 17th, 2011

Why not find a way to relate magic to her song lyrics, there isn't much I can say to start you off with an idea, her music isn't my style so I wouldn't know what song to recommend to you but I don't think it should be all that hard to find a trick to tie into her lyrics

"Cards are the poetry of magic"
    - Johann Hofzinser

"Somethin's a miracle . . ."
    - Daniel Garcia
  4. #14 February 17th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    My friend Tom Isaacson knew her before she exploded onto the scene and did magic for her, she loves magic. It will also help if you grew a beard and didn't take care of it for a while - it will help.
    Oh really?!!!

Sweet!!! That boosted by confidence 10 fold! Thanks Andrei!!!!!!

www.youtube.com/james1wise

"She can feel the continent moving....bluuuuua....we're floating the ocean of the world......she's giving me the death look right now. "
    - Wayne Houchin
  5. #15 February 17th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    I forgot that Tom was a "Celebrity Magician".

Fun fact: Taylor Swift went to my high school before she got famous. But I wasn't in high school at the time. Sad story.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/AbracaAwesome

Follow me!
    https://twitter.com/#!/AbracaAwesome

http://www.theory11.com/wire/artist/aaron-williams/

"The number showed up! The number I picked in my forehead!"
    - Randall (from Stigmata)

Quote Originally Posted by jrobarts05 View Post
    i think slapping her is easier. just maybe not the most polite solution
  6. #16 February 17th, 2011

nice bro! in my opinion she seems like she could be either way... either critical or not. It's not your fault if she happens to not be the nicest person and doesn't want to watch your tricks... thats her fault and she'll be missing out. Yet lets hope she will want to see and if not like someone else had said try and get her attention by starting off with her crew.

-Jake

this is me and you better believe it
  7. #17 February 18th, 2011

Yes- Kesha really likes magic. A lot! Just make sure you introduce it at the right time, but she definitely should give you a shot. Also- per Andrei's comment, a large un-trimmed beard will score you points!

Good luck.

// tom.isaacson
    theory11.artist
  8. #18 February 18th, 2011

If you can find a way to incorporate glitter, Jack Daniel's Toothpaste, and face-paint into your ACR, you will be set. All kidding aside, keeping it simple is always the way to go. I think there was a video of a magician doing tricks to Ke$ha that popped up somewhere online, not sure where I saw it previously. Then meet her in the back, with the Jack, and the jukebox. Too soon?

~Zach

9. #19 February 18th, 2011

You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for all the great advice! I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

www.youtube.com/james1wise

"She can feel the continent moving....bluuuuua....we're floating the ocean of the world......she's giving me the death look right now. "
    - Wayne Houchin
  10. #20 February 18th, 2011

She defo likes magic! Might want to avoid ACR because she's already seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIqMz6wTUD4

Good luck!!