Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

TYCOON Luxury Playing Cards

Produced in collaboration with Steve Cohen at the prestigious Waldorf Astoria Hotel.More Details

Chris Kenner and Facebook... You are now viewing the Chris Kenner and Facebook... thread.
  1. #11 January 24th, 2011

Facebook isn't like myspace. Myspace is just a bunch of strangers asking for friend requests with each other who have never met one another.

Facebook is a social networking site for people that actually know each other.
    That's just the way it is. Maybe Chris realized that now.

iamsarcastic :| youtube
  2. #12 January 24th, 2011

If Chris deleted you then you'll be pleased to know he's set up a new fan page. You can like him here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris-...58326314220363

Winner SNC 6/5/2010 "What Magic Means to You?"
    Winner SNC 8/22/2010 "Best Dramatic Work" for Theory11 Movie Night
  3. #13 January 24th, 2011

As Mr. Draven said, go to the Fan page and friend him there. I am sure that you can all imagine a scenario in which you are a public personality and would make a decision to protect the privacy of you and your family based upon the actions of others in a place like Facebook.

For what it is worth, I have received more crazy emails and messages from people than you can imagine tryng to contact David Copperfield, David Blaine and others simply because of the Google Juice that the MagicNewswire.com site has when searching for those names.

Fan him on the new site and know that he's doing this for all of the right reasons.

===================
    Dodd Vickers
    The Magic Newswire
    iTunes Link
    Twitter
  4. #14 January 24th, 2011

Who gives a !@#$?

5. #15 January 24th, 2011

Hello, Everyone

I am not sure I understand the start of this thread. I don't remember saying that I have a better life then anyone else. I will be honest. I am probably more jealous of most of you then you are of me. Everyone here is way more talented then anyone of my generation was at your age. I would kill to have had that. I love watching you guys bring this art form to a new level that I could not have imagined when I was younger. FYI, my fingers hurt trying to keep up.

Back to Facebook. Due to a recent event that I will not get into. I am deleting almost everyone from my personal Facebook page for my family's safety. I love the idea of connecting with my friends and posting pictures of Katie and little Zoë but I am starting to feel uncomfortable about sharing this with strangers or people that are just acquaintances.

I am using Twitter more now anyway. I am saying the same sort of things and posting even more interesting things there then I would have put on Facebook so if you need a Chris Kenner fix just hunt me down on twitter.

If I have deleted anyone that I do know feel free to re-friend me and remind me how I know you. I may remember you face or meeting you but not your name.

As I write this Katie is making me a fan page. I am not the type to think I have fans. It is just not my thing. I am too busy working to worry about that but I have gotten a crazy amount of e-mails and direct messages from people asking me to do something so it is there if you are interested.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone by deleting them from Facebook. That was not my intention. It is 100% a safety issue. My family will always come first.

Chris

Dear saborfang17 I could not agree more.... I didn't get your name. This is probably only funny to me.

6. #16 January 24th, 2011

My family has gone through our share of issues with people bombarding our facebooks as well. It does make you much more cautious about who to let see all of your life. And it's not fair to have to hide your life because others abuse the privilage of being let in. Whether Mr. Kenner deleted me or not won't affect the respect I have for he and his family. They seem to be very respectable people and amazing parents, so I have no problems letting them live their lives as they wish.

7. #17 January 24th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKenner View Post
    Due to a recent event that I will not get into. I am deleting almost everyone from my personal Facebook page for my Families safety. I love the idea of connecting with my friends and posting pictures of Katie and little Zoë but I am starting to feel uncomfortable about sharing this with strangers or people that are just acquaintances.

The was not my intention. It is 100% a safety issue.

Dear saborfang17 I could not agree more.... I didn't get your name. This is probably only funny to me.
    That's why you didn't get my name. Personally, I don't go out of my way to cry about being deleted from somebody's facebook because they're "famous" - no offense, but there are more pressing matters in my life than trying to tell others you got deleted to offer them words of wisdom.

EDIT: I just realized that might've been sarcastic. If so, I don't see why I should have to tell the entire world my name just to ask what the whole point of crying about facebook is..

8. #18 January 24th, 2011

Family always comes first. Period. End of discussion. Chris solved all confusion and said exactly what needed to be said. Therefore, I am going to close the thread.

:: casey.rudd
    theory11 interactive
    casey@theory11.com
    http://www.theory11.com