Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

THE MYSTERY BOX

Presented by J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, 826 National, and theory11. What's inside the box?More Details

Shadow Master OR Arcane? You are now viewing the Shadow Master OR Arcane? thread.
  1. #1 January 21st, 2011

Default Shadow Master OR Arcane?

I love both of theese decks but I don't know which one should I choose.
    The Arcane in my opinion is a little bit better compared to the Shadow master, but in return the shadow master has the black BICYCLE back, so it's easier to be used in a routine with bicycle cards... so which one should I choose? I accept every suggestions!

2. #2 January 21st, 2011

Shadow masters without a doubt...... they last longer..

3. #3 January 21st, 2011

In terms of design and looks, I would definitely choose Arcanes over the Shadow Masters. If you wanted to do a routine using a different color back, you can get both the white and black Arcanes.

In the end, it comes down to personal preference.

4. #4 January 21st, 2011

why do you feel the need to choose between them? Buy them both and use what you want to.

Winner SNC 6/5/2010 "What Magic Means to You?"
    Winner SNC 8/22/2010 "Best Dramatic Work" for Theory11 Movie Night
  5. #5 January 21st, 2011

since they are really similiar, and I have to buy a ultragaff deck and 12 bicycle deck, I think it would be a great waste of money buying two similiar deck.. so which one is the best?

6. #6 January 21st, 2011

Or, since you want a gaff deck, get Arcanes and an arcane gaff with Gregory Wilson's DVD...

Winner SNC 11/27/2010 - "Magic in da house"
  7. #7 January 21st, 2011

i honestly think that the ultragaff is way better than it
    oh and i think the dvds are waste or money.. 30 dollars for dvds for some routines that you can find on youtube too.

8. #8 January 21st, 2011

The DVD's are definitely NOT a waste. You are fairly new to magic from what I have seen. Anything you learn on youtube, especially if it is a major effect that's been released is looked down upon. Also, 98% of those tutorials don't teach very good at all. Gregory Wilson is an amazing magician and the way he handles cards is amazing. If you were to buy the Arcane gaff and his DVD, you would be doing yourself a HUGE favor to learn from him, along with learning out of RRTCM. Also, being a beginner, it is going to be A LOT harder than you think to come up with routines using those cards. They have to be copped or palmed into and out of play, you need to know where/how they are going to be positioned in the pack, you have to find and correctly position the force card (if there is one). Then you have to force the card, and use sleights to accomplish desired effect. One of the DVD's would help a TON even just to give you idea's on sleights and routines to use.

Winner SNC 11/27/2010 - "Magic in da house"
  9. #9 January 21st, 2011

I can do sleights and card forces and I saw a lot of videos on youtube which explained really good how to use every gaff card, but I don't want to discuss about this (maybe I'm wrong and I'm gonna buy all the dvds, but first I'd like to see what I can do now wihtout the help of dvds), I just want to know: if I buy a ultragaff deck, is it a good choice? Since I'm new to magic (not that new, I love magic since I had 7 or 8 years, now I'm just starting doing "more serious magic"; I used to buy just trick decks like svengali deck and so on.. ) what do you suggest me to buy? So many people suggest me to buy royal card to magic and maybe I'll buy it, but.. are there any amazing card tricks performed without trick decks which you suggest me to buy?
    PS: just another question is it worth to buy this assorted bicycle deck ? http://www.mondomagia.it/giochi-di-p...-speciali.html I mean the first one "BICYCLE - ASSORTITO - GAFF"
    Where is the cheaper onlnie store where I can get 12 regulare bicycle decks?

10. #10 January 21st, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by R.K. magician78 View Post
    The DVD's are definitely NOT a waste. You are fairly new to magic from what I have seen. Anything you learn on youtube, especially if it is a major effect that's been released is looked down upon. Also, 98% of those tutorials don't teach very good at all. Gregory Wilson is an amazing magician and the way he handles cards is amazing. If you were to buy the Arcane gaff and his DVD, you would be doing yourself a HUGE favor to learn from him, along with learning out of RRTCM. Also, being a beginner, it is going to be A LOT harder than you think to come up with routines using those cards. They have to be copped or palmed into and out of play, you need to know where/how they are going to be positioned in the pack, you have to find and correctly position the force card (if there is one). Then you have to force the card, and use sleights to accomplish desired effect. One of the DVD's would help a TON even just to give you idea's on sleights and routines to use.
    While this is true, I LOVE it when magicians assume that a beginner can't palm decently enough to perform it or be creative enough to design something. It's almost as if effect creativity in card magic only comes with being professional or in magic for a long time. Stop being ignorant.