Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

THE MYSTERY BOX

Presented by J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, 826 National, and theory11. What's inside the box?More Details

theory11 + Linking Ring :: Submit Questions You are now viewing the theory11 + Linking Ring :: Submit Questions thread.
  1. #1 November 10th, 2010

Default theory11 + Linking Ring :: Submit Questions

theory11 is working with Linking Ring columnist Cliff Bumgardner to create the magazine's first ever interactive article. In Cliff's column, "The Sit Down", he interviews some of magic's top pros to ask for advice and insight for today's young and up-and-coming magicians. But this time, he's not asking the questions. You are.

For his next article, a Sit Down with theory11 Artist Jason England, Cliff is giving the theory11 community the opportunity to have their questions answered and printed in the January issue of The Linking Ring magazine.

You have one week from now to post your best and most thought-provoking questions that you would like Jason to answer, right here in THIS forum thread. After the week has passed, Cliff will go through all of the questions and choose the best ten to be featured in the article.

You may post as many questions as you like, but remember to keep them meaningful. Chances are "What is your favorite deck?" won't cut it.

With your question(s), please include your name, age, and location. Keep in mind that these may be used in the article, so by posting them you give printing permissions to Cliff Bumgardner and The Linking Ring.

- Casey

:: casey.rudd
    theory11 interactive
    casey@theory11.com
    http://www.theory11.com
  2. #2 November 10th, 2010

are we gonna post the questions here on this thread?

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVE TO DO MAGIC?.....IT'S YOUR JOB TO FIND OUT!

"Every Great Magician in the History has Started out as nothing more Than what WE are NOW. If they can do it, WHY NOT US?"
  3. #3 November 10th, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by shinichikudo992000 View Post
    are we gonna post the questions here on this thread?
    Yes, I made it more clear in the original post just now. Sorry for the confusion!

theory11 interactive
    casey@theory11.com
  4. #4 November 10th, 2010

To kick this off, I'll go ahead and ask my first question for Jason.

Jason, have you ever had a situation in your life where you just wanted to stop working with cards and give them up? If so, can you explain what provoked your decision and how you came over the roadblock?

Casey Rudd
    15 years old
    Charleston, South Carolina

theory11 interactive
    casey@theory11.com
  5. #5 November 10th, 2010

Why Card Magic and Stuff with Cards and how did you get into it?

Simon Alexander
    New York, NY

6. #6 November 10th, 2010

Jason, what do you normally do when you are just opened a new pack of cards. For example: buff it, microwave it, etc.

Thi Dinh
    Santa Clarita, CA

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVE TO DO MAGIC?.....IT'S YOUR JOB TO FIND OUT!

"Every Great Magician in the History has Started out as nothing more Than what WE are NOW. If they can do it, WHY NOT US?"
  7. #7 November 10th, 2010

Jason, which (sleight of hand) move did you learn first and is it something you still use today?

James Raymond
    Northern Indiana

WORKING ON...

Card Manipulation
    (The Sheridan Course in Card Manipulation)
    and mostly Practice, Practice, Practice
  8. #8 November 10th, 2010

Jason, all of us know you are a card technician, historian and collector.
    During performance, will you get confuse or struggle to use what sleights or technique?

Thank you.

Herman Li
    Sydney, Australia

Herman

www.youtube.com/fatho1988
  9. #9 November 10th, 2010

Jason, you have spent a lifetime studying gambling techniques with cards and have become one of the world's most foremost experts on the subject. Another one of these experts is Steve Forte. Can you talk a little bit about your friendship with Steve Forte and how each has influenced the other? Do you have any interesting anecdotes about the two of you?

Evan Bishop
    Fort Mitchell, KY

Tired of the misleading magic ads?

Check out my detailed, honest reviews at the Trick Shop Magic blog!
  10. #10 November 10th, 2010

Mr. England, at what time in your life did you realize that you wanted to do magic as a career? As a young magician I finally decided I want a career and life in magic and I feel that the revelation has impacted me in a way that I feel different now. Did you ever have an experience similar where you knew exactly what you would do and knew everything would be different?

Anna Harris
    Malibu, CA