Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

THE MYSTERY BOX

Presented by J.J. Abrams, Bad Robot, 826 National, and theory11. What's inside the box?More Details

Saturday Night Contest - Daniel Garcia Roundtable You are now viewing the Saturday Night Contest - Daniel Garcia Roundtable thread.
  1. #1 October 2nd, 2010

Default Saturday Night Contest - Daniel Garcia Roundtable

It's been 4 weeks since we posted our last roundtable discussion, so we thought it was time to break out the microphone and kick things off with a fresh session tonight. Tonight's guest is an icon of modern magic and an inspiration to the next generation of magicians. He consulted for David Blaine's most recent television special, and he has lectured at pretty much every magic convention under the sun (including Magic-Con 2010). His name? Daniel Garcia.

We're here tonight primarily to talk about one thing. Actually, three things - the Daniel Garcia Projects 4, 5, and 6 volumes. They're coming soon, and theory11 has the exclusive download rights on all three. Tonight is your chance to ask DG any question you desire - whether that be about the upcoming set or any other topic on your mind. Ask about the creative process, your favorite DG releases, his goals for the future, and the contents of 4-6.

Anything is fair game. Questions must be submitted on or before 11:00pm EST tonight for consideration. The best of the best questions will be answered in a podcast to be posted later this evening. Limit of THREE questions per member, so choose your questions wisely and let's have a fun, interactive, intellectual discussion.

One random member who participates tonight will receive the new DGP set as a download, sent on the house immediately following the release.

// jonathan.bayme
    ceo / theory11
  2. #2 October 2nd, 2010

1. You're a funny guy, what was your funniest performance?
    2. Who was the most famous person you performed for?
    3. Favorite knuckle busting move!

Cast of Destiny is the best trick EVAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
    That's not even a joke. It looks like Carlos Mencia's Twitter feed took a crap.
  3. #3 October 2nd, 2010

What made you took so long on making this DGP projects ,again?

Any moves that are as powerful as the "EGO ONES"?

PLEASE READ : Como te gustan tus chilaquiles? , How do you like chilaquiles?ninja style?

4. #4 October 2nd, 2010

JB, im gonna steal your idea:

1: Danny, what is your creative process?
    2: will there be any rubber band magic on 4-6?
    3: Do you plan on releasing "7-9" in the future?

C(B)

"Magic is what happens to a person's mind when a mystery is experienced. Magic is an inner experience, not an exterior, objective event." -S. H. Sharpe

Originally Posted by joshrobarts
    that tongue subtlety just makes the effect.. absolutely kills
    That's what she said.....
  5. #5 October 2nd, 2010

1. What makes you want to release so much of your material?

2. Did you plan on releasing six DPG's when you first started?

3. With all the genres of magic that you perform, which is your favorite?

"How bout' a magic trick...... I'm gonna make this pencil disappear."

-The Joker

Working on:
    Cards: The Queens, G.O.A.T. change, pinky count, ChangE
    Coins: Muscle pass
    Flourishes: T.G. Deck flip

Quote Originally Posted by William Draven View Post
    Oh look! A dead horse, and someone just left these clubs carelessly laying about. Gosh I wonder what we could do with them?
  6. #6 October 2nd, 2010

1. Are you really good with nunchuks?
    2. What inspired you to create pressure?
    3. what is your closing trick in your close up routine?

7. #7 October 2nd, 2010

Hey Danny (Or inferior robot impersonator of Danny)

I'm sure as a creative person, it's incredibly easy to create LOTS of crap (and I'm not implying you do create crap by any means) just saying. How do you decide what you want to perform for an audience? Is it whether or not it looks good, feels comfortable, or whether or not you feel the audience should really care about what you perform? I hope that made sense.

Originally Posted by jake the snake magic
    "You won't know if you'll make it big or not until you take that leap and keep pushing when it gets rough."
    It's kind of fun, and when you hit it it feels so great, because when you do it and their really isn't that much noise and you feel like it was fast and looked good. It just feels so good...it happens one in like every 10 that you do
    -Chris Kenner (sorry lol)

That's what she said!
  8. #8 October 2nd, 2010

Although a professional and I must say one of my favorite magicians... Who inspires you to keep doing magic.
    At what age did you start?
    What is something we should really be looking foward to in your new set of dvds that you can consider some of your favorite parts of it?

this is me and you better believe it
  9. #9 October 2nd, 2010

1. What's your favorite effect ? (Yours or by someone else)
    2. Do you think comedy with magic takes away from the impact of the magic ?
    3. How many effects do you think is good to perform for a random spectator until it starts to be boring for them at that time ?

10. #10 October 2nd, 2010

1: What do you think is the most effective trick??

2: What site is the best. Ellusionist or Theory11???

3: What did you do before, under and after your made up your effects. What i'm trying to say, what do you do to make up your tricks.