Your cart is empty.

Now viewing your cart.

Edit « »
Subtotal: 0.00
Basket
Account Support
Announcement

TYCOON Luxury Playing Cards

Produced in collaboration with Steve Cohen at the prestigious Waldorf Astoria Hotel.More Details

Zombie Gimmick You are now viewing the Zombie Gimmick thread.
  1. #1 September 12th, 2010

Default Zombie Gimmick

Hey Guys. I just got a zombie, and the gimmick is giving me trouble. Like it hurts my finger. Which finger do you guys use, and how do you guys start your routines? Thanks. Also do you do it with patter or as pantomime?

2. #2 September 12th, 2010

I wrapped my gimmick with medical tape and ended up just scrapping the gimmick and making my own that has two things for your fingers to give me better control on where the ball goes.

3. #3 September 12th, 2010

Yeah, I actually have both the one finger and the two finger gimmick. Any advice on making a routine?

4. #4 September 13th, 2010

what is that trick? can someone could post a link?

Where Is That Silence You Promise Me?
    Why Is You Distance So Close To Me?
    Why Is Your Violence Still Hurting Me?
    Why Are Your Eyes...Avoiding Me?

The Lost Manifesto
    Coming on 2010
    Right Now is 35%

Follow Me On Twitter!!
    http://twitter.com/LuisVega_M
  5. #5 September 13th, 2010

I put it on my thumb. and hold the cloth between my index and bird finger.

6. #6 September 13th, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Vega View Post
    what is that trick? can someone could post a link?
    Search on youtube. It is a classic trick. It works for stage as well as close up. It is commonly known as the Zombie Ball.

7. #7 September 13th, 2010

Try wrapping a band aid or two around the finger gimmick. It will provide some padding and make it fit snug.

8. #8 September 14th, 2010

I use my middle finger and slide it into the gimmick so that the straight part of the gimmick is resting against the top side of my finger. That frees your thumb and index fingers to hold the foullard.

As for presentation, check out the L&L Zombie Ball DVD. The L&L DVDs are great because they show and explain routines by several pros.

In my routine (which I do as part of a childrens' show), I introduce the ball as "Z" and explain that I've been teaching Z to dissappear. The routine is based on me trying to get Z to disappear and Z doing everything but what I tell him to do (like peaking out from behind my back when he is supposed to have disappeared). It gets great reactions because by focusing on the disappearing trick, the audience doesn't question how Z can levitate. Also, every move has a justification in the context of the routine.

Make sure you do more than just levitate the ball. There are a lot of moves you can do which dispell the method.

~David
    Any perception of reality is a selection of reality which results in a distortion of reality.
  9. #9 September 14th, 2010

Thanks to all of you for your advice. I'll keep all of it in mind when I construct my routine.