Saturday Night Contest - Roundtable Discussion with Homer Liwag
To coincide with our release of Homer Liwag's remaining quantity of CoinOne - we thought it appropriate tonight to host a roundtable discussion with the man himself. Each time we do this, we involve a different artist, and we answer questions directly from you.
He is one of the magic community's most enigmatic and respected thinkers, and this is a rare opportunity for you to ask Homer questions directly. Curious about how he first got involved with Chris Kenner and David Copperfield? Interested in learning some coin work, but not sure where to begin? Ask away! Homer is a guru with a wide array of interests - from magic to movies to industrial design to Star Wars.
Due to the hectic Copperfield production schedule (they have two shows tonight in Las Vegas) - you have until tomorrow at 12:00pm EST (noon) to get your questions in. The special podcast with answers direct from Homer will be posted tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.
This discussion will be hosted by Chris Kenner. I truly truly encourage all of you to make the most of this rare opportunity, as it is not everyday that we get the direct opportunity to engage the minds of two of this industry's top creators. Limit of three questions per member - choose them wisely and make 'em count!
UPDATE: This podcast has been posted. Listen to it now here (direct link to mp3) - and be sure to let us know what you think!// jonathan.bayme
ceo / theory11
1. Whats your thought on using both sleight of hand mixed with gimmicks? (You seem to use this quite alot)
2. Why Do You Have The Worst Hands In Magic?
3. Why Coin Magic? What got you into performing Coin Magic.Qrprcgvba Pbzrf Va Inevbhf Sbezf.
˙sɯɹoɟ ʎuɐɯ uı sǝɯoɔ uoıʇdǝɔǝp
“They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.”
What coin book or resource did you start with?
What do you recommend a beginner coin magician start with?
Would you rather have The Force or a lightsaber? Choose wisely..."Take it as you want, and once you have taken it, run with it my friend, run with it."
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
Is there a prize of some sort such as the fimiliar 1on1?
When you started magic, what was the easiest and hardest parts?"My brain is the key that sets my mind free"
Join Swagbucks! It's a free way to search (Just like google or bing) but get prizes for searching! sign up and get 3 swagbucks! This is not a scam!http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/seano384
1) I want to get into some more intermediate/advanced walk around coin routines. Are there any good books or DVDs besides your own that you would recommend for an intermediate coin magician?
2) I am pretty new to the whole category of coin magic, and only do a couple of diferent routines, however during magic live I picked up an expanded shell set and a flipper. I love the gimmicks, and I would like the learn how to use them at their full potential. Are there any good books/DVDs you would recommend specifaclly isn't these gimmicks?
3) Will there be a CoinThree, or even possible a CardOne?
- Join Date
- May 2009
1. Have you given Sebastian's shirt back after the coin two shoot?
2. Do you think your precise nature hinders your magic in any way?
3. Are you and shoot ogawa the same person?
What is the most important lesson you have learned from David Copperfield and how has that lesson helped you?
What is most important to keep in mind when creating magic?
Please tell us the story of your hardest time in magic and how you jumped over that hurdle. The story will inspire us all.
Anthony NguyenExcited to meet other magicians! I'm here living in the D.C. area.
1.How did your friendship with chris kenner start.
2.Did you have any mentors growing up,if yes who were they.If you guys ever want to talk.
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
- louisville kentucky
Hello homer I only have a few questions for you :
1. What has influenced your style the most?
2. What is it like to be Chris Kenners best friend?
3. Why do you think magicians toss aside coin magic much moreso than card magic? What makes card magic so much better than coin magic that everyone has to perform and "create" cardstuffs?