Saturday Night Contest / roundtable + Doug McKenzie
Tonight is Saturday, December 6th, and earlier this past week a video was posted in the media section featuring Doug McKenzie in the new show FRINGE on Fox. As producer for David Blaine and close friend of Bill Kalush, Doug sees more magic than just about anyone and has expertise in all areas of sorcery.
Tonight, we'll be holding a special edition theory11 roundtable discussion with Doug. This is our eleventh recorded roundtable discussion, with past discussions available in the archive.
Ask any question you wish - everything is fair game. We will select some of the best questions to be answered live in a podcast posted tonight at 11:30pm EST. Questions should be relevant, topical, and appropriate in order to promote a great discussion on card magic, working with DB, Flicker, New York City, magic on television, coin magic, Flicker, and everything in between. And Flicker.
All questions must be submitted on or before 10:00pm EST. One random member whose question is asked during the podcast will receive a 6 pack of Split Spades, shipped on the house. Ask away, and look forward to having a great discussion tonight.
UPDATE : This roundtable discussion has concluded. Listen to it now at THIS link.// jonathan.bayme
ceo / theory11
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
What got you interested in magic?
What was your first effect?
What inspired you to create Juan bill switch and or phoneomenon?
What is your favorite type of magic? [ card , coins etc. ]
How long did it take you to perfect flicker?
Why did you create Flicker?
1) what was it like working with David blaine
2) how old were you when you got into magic
3) how did you get into magic
4) who is your favorite magician to watch
5) what is your most valued item in magic
6) what do you think we should use for video chats here other than stickam?
7) what do you think is wrong with magic
8) cards or coin?
9) whats the favorite trick you have created
10) How was working with Joshua Jackson?
*Sigh... another round table? Oh well...
I'll think of some questions later I guess.
Hope you guys benefit from this discussion...
Take care everyone,
-SanjLive around the Philly, PA area? PM me!
Need a video editor, free, fast, and experienced? Feel free to contact me
Epic quotes // links on t11::
Jerry Springer t11 :: sign up, login, and argue!
Regarding cards. As anyone that performs knows, it can be more difficult to successfully entertain an audience with cards alone. What, in your opinion, makes an interesting routine with cards? Story line? Certain style of effect? (i.e. full deck story = Sam the Bellhop)
Steve- Simmons Magic -
What is your favourite principle in any area of magic? Obviously don't explain it, but what it allows you to do and why you like it would be awesome.
JB said you have expertise in all areas of "sorcery", what is your favourite area?
- Sean"You try, you fail, you try, you fail; but the only true failure, is when you stop trying."
Click Here to Stalk Me On Twitter
People's posts you should read: Morgician, Medifro, Praetoritevong, Romeo Sierra, Steerpike, Thrallmind. - (will add more as they occur to me)
Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted.
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
1. Who was your biggest inspiration on your path of magic?
2. How did magic find you?
3. Did you ever think of doing something else besides magic?
4. What is your favorite effect that you created?
5. What is your favorite effect someone else created?
6. What was the first effect you created?
7. How do you come up with new efects? Do you just jam, or think about it, or something else?
What is your favorite effect?
What do you do to entertain an audience?
How do you create effects?
Is Danny G a nice guy?
What is your favorite flourish?
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- the LBC
what is your personal favorite card effect that you perform and your coin effect?Reason: what is your personal favorite card effect that you perform and coin effect?